Whittier Community Associates HOA, Inc.
Regular Meeting Minutes
October 27, 2020
The Board of Directors of the Whittier Community Association met via Zoom video call on October 27, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
Paul Zimnik, President
Royle Kidwell, Vice President
Ronnie Lushbaugh, Secretary
Laura Ferguson, Director
Nancy Sweet, Director
Michael Brown, Director
Andrea Weaver, Director
Roger Franks, Director
Bernarda Jackson, Treasurer
Nancy Keen, Vanguard Management, Community Representative
Renee Henning, Recording Secretary
- CALL TO ORDER:
Paul Zimnik, President of Whittier Community HOA called the regular meeting to order at 7:01 p.m. with a quorum present.
Kidwell/Weaver Vote: 8/0/0
- REGULAR MINUTES: The Board discussed the August 25, 2020 minutes as presented. The Board provided some grammatical corrections.
Motion: To approve the August 25, 2020 minutes with the provided corrections.
Weaver/Kidwell Vote: 8/0/0
- HOMEOWNER & GUEST FORUM:
- Fire Repair Update: A Homeowner provided some further information regarding the Condominium building that had caught fire and the process of repairs and bids. There was some discussion as to the cause of the fire. All the residents have been relocated and/or are renting elsewhere. It is in process, but it will take quite a while to handle the situation and be complete.
- MANAGEMENT REPORT:
- Snow Clearing Contract: Ruppert Landscapes provided the Snow Clearing Contract for renewal. The Association is only responsible to clear the common sidewalks in the community, as the streets are City owned and maintained and are plowed by the City. The snow blowing fee went up $5/hr. The Board discussed the contract and found the contract to be satisfactory.
Motion: To approve the Snow Clearing Contract provided by Ruppert Landscapes.
Franks/Weaver Vote 8/0/0
- 2021 Operating Budget: A copy of the 2021 Draft Operating Budget was reviewed by the Board and approved for distribution to Homeowners for comment. The draft budget was posted on the website and a postcard notification was mailed to all Homeowners on 9/9/20. To date, two (2) Homeowner comments were received and provided for the Board’s review.
The first comment was in concern for opening the pools next summer regarding the safety and risks if there is not a vaccine created and utilized by the season opening. They expressed their concern regarding opening and the need for the fees.
The second comment was asking what consequences there would be if they decided not to pay dues because they do not want to use the benefits of the community. Management clarified that all Homeowners are obligated by purchasing a home in the community to pay their annual assessment. Homeowners that do not pay their assessment will be assessed late fees and sent to the attorney for collection proceedings.
Motion: To approve the 2021 Operating Budget.
Brown/Kidwell Vote 7/1/0
- COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- ACC Committee: Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, the ACC Committee has been reviewing and approving applications by email.
- Pool Committee: The progress on the pool work is going well, should be finished within the next week or so.
- Townhouse Committee: Nothing to report.
- Condo Committee: As of October 1st, requirement to increase the insurance deductible to $10,000.
- Landscape Committee: New 10 trees donated by Ausherman were planted along Christopher’s Crossing. Black-eyed Susan flowers were also replaced.
- Social Committee: Did post online regarding Halloween. If people are participating, they should leave lights on.
- Treasurer’s Report: The Board reviewed the financial reports.
- OLD BUSINESS: There was no old business to discuss currently.
- NEW BUSINESS: There was no new business to discuss currently.
- ADJOURNMENT: There being no additional business for the Board to conduct, the meeting adjourned at 7:31 p.m.
Motion: To adjourn the regular meeting at 7:31 p.m.
Ferguson/Kidwell Vote: 8/0/0
Please note the next scheduled meeting is to be held on Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 7:00pm via Zoom video call due to COVID-19 restrictions.