Whittier Community Association
Monday, March 24, 2008
In Attendance: Bill Watt, Eric Struntz, Erlene Moser, Gary Simon, Jenny Marino, Paul Zimnik, Nancy Keen (Vanguard Management)
The March 24, 2008 meeting of the Board of Directors was called to order by President Bill Watt at 7:00 pm.
- The minutes of the February 2008 meeting were accepted unanimously. Motion: Struntz, Second: Zimnik
- Michelle Bowman was present to speak to the Board about the National Night Out Program.
- Bob Terpenning of Continental Pools was present to discuss the staffing and the necessary repairs for the upcoming season.
- Homeowner Forum: None
- Eric Struntz made a motion to approve the pool repairs proposed by Continental Pools totaling $7,304.07. It was seconded by Paul Zimnik. The motion passed unanimously.
- Erlene Moser made a motion to approve the 2005 Audit. It was seconded by Gary Simon and approved unanimously.
- A motion was made by Erlene Moser and seconded by Eric Struntz to invest $50,000 in a 5 year CD. It was passed unanimously.
- An appeal hearing was held for the Echo Glen I and II Condominiums regarding the ACC denial of the owls they had installed on their buildings. Management agent Steve Swank and 20 to 30 unit owners were present on behalf of Echo Glen. They presented their case as to why they need the owls as a pigeon deterrent. A motion was made by Paul Zimnik and seconded by Eric Struntz to grant a variance and approve the owl installation.
- Committee Reports:
- ACC- None
- Pool- None
- Town House- None
- Condo- None
- Landscape- Discussion of the area near XXX Lakeside Drive. Motion by Marino to re-sod the area up to the spending authority of Vanguard, seconded by Struntz and passed unanimously.
- Communications- None
- Social- None
- Treasure- All is well. Funds sufficiently laddered..
- Old Business
- There was continued discussion about camera installation at the pools.
- New Business
- A motion was made by Struntz and seconded by Simon to continue the caregiver policy at the pool that was established previously. It was approved unanimously.
- A motion to adjourn at 9:11 pm was made by Erlene Moser and seconded by Jenny Marino. The motion passed unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by Gary M. Simon, Board Member