Whittier Community Association
Monday, February 25, 2008
In Attendance: Bill Watt, Eric Struntz, Erlene Moser, Gary Simon, Jenny Marino, Paul Zimnik. Mark Nichols, Nancy Keen (Vanguard Management)
The February 25, 2008 meeting of the Board of Directors was called to order by President Bill Watt at 7:00 pm.
- The minutes of the January 2008 meeting were accepted unanimously. Motion: Zimnik, Second: Struntz
- Homeowner Forum: Signage at the Village Center was discussed. The businesses are using sandwich board signs. Code Enforcement will be notified.
- Eric Struntz made a motion to approve the pool contract assignment to Continental Pools. It was seconded by Gary Simon. The motion passed unanimously.
- Eric Struntz made a motion to accept the pool schedule as presented excepting that the Greenleaf Pool be opened 12 pm to 8 pm on September 6, 7, 13, and 14. It was seconded by Paul Zimnik. The motion passed unanimously.
- The Board decided not to change the pool rules regarding guests and requested management to notify the requesting owner.
A motion was made by Mark Nichols and seconded by Eric Struntz to accept the 2008 pool mailing with the aforementioned hours changes and notice of a dedicated lap lane at the Wetherbourne pool.
- Management was requested to inform Echo Glen I and II that their ACC request for the owl installation had been denied and to send a violation letter to same as a result of the installation prior to the proper application.
- Mark Nichols made a motion to approve the proposal from Design of the Times for the entry monument at Rocky Springs and Christophers Crossing to be paid by $4,000 of the Lakefront fund and the rest from the capital improvements line item. It was seconded by Eric Struntz and passed unanimously.
- Management was requested to invite Officer Bowman to the March Board Meeting to talk about National Night Out.
- A motion was made by Erlene Moser and seconded by Eric Struntz to write off to bad debt the accounts of XXX, XXX, XXX, XXX, and XXX. It was passed unanimously.
- Committee Reports:
- ACC- None
- Pool- None
- Town House- None
- Condo- None
- Landscape- Discussion of the reforestation area behind Paul Zimnik’s home
- Communications- We are in need of someone to take over as newsletter editor. A request will go out via our web list.
- Social- None
- We finished well in 2007.
- Old Business
- There was continued discussion about camera installation at the pools.
- The May meeting will be moved to May 27, 2008.
- Management was asked to send a letter to Mr. Toomey requesting permission to remove the sign posts by the Village Center.
- A motion to adjourn at 9:07 pm was made by Erlene Moser and seconded by Jenny Marino. The motion passed unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by Gary M. Simon, Board Member