Whittier Community Associates HOA, Inc.
Regular Meeting Minutes
November 26, 2019
The Board of Directors of Whittier Community Association met at Whittier Elementary School on November 26, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.
Paul Zimnik, President
John Arkoian, Secretary
Laura Ferguson, Director
Andrea Weaver, Director
Roger Franks, Director
Nancy Sweet, Director
Michael Brown, Director
Bernarda Jackson, Treasurer
Nancy Keen, Vanguard Management, Community Representative
Bumni Morgan, Recording Secretary
Mr. & Mrs Intisr Abbasi, residents
- CALL TO ORDER:
The 1st attempt at the Annual meeting was not held due to lack of quorum of membership.
Dr. Paul Zimnik, President of Whittier Community HOA called the regular meeting to order at 7:42 p.m. with a quorum present.
- REGULAR MINUTES: The Board discussed the October 22, 2019 minutes as presented. Nancy Sweet moved to accept the minutes as presented.
Motion: To approve the October 22, 2019 minutes as presented.
Ferguson/Weaver Vote: 8/0/0
Discussion ensued about the executive session minutes and the proper execution of it. Nancy Keen explained the proper way to execute it: closed session notes are to be excluded and kept from public view, due to private issues that may be presented and discussed such as lawsuits and residents’ financial matters. Motion: To exclude executive minutes from public view:
Jackson/Sweet Vote: 8/0/0
- HOMEOWNER & GUEST FORUM: Resident appealed the denial of his initial request to construct a four season room addition to his home. This was initially denied due to the pitch of the roof and glass roof design. After much discussion, a motion was made.
Motion: To deny the proposed addition to the residence (****.)
- MANAGEMENT REPORT:
- Grounds Maintenance – Operations :2020-2021 Grounds Maintenance Renewal
Contract: Ruppert landscapes is requesting a renewal with a 1.5% increase for the next two years.
Motion: To approve the 2020-2021 Grounds Maintenance Renewal contract with Ruppert Landscape as presented.
Brown /Franks Vote 8/0/0
- Deferred Assessment Resolution: The Board approved a deferred assessment
resolution which allowing surplus funds earned this year to be deferred and spent in
Motion: The Association elects to apply all or part of the excess assessment income to the following year’s assessments and that such final amount shall be at the Board’s discretion.
Brown /Franks Vote 8/0/0
- Financial Reports - no reports given
- COMMITTEE REPORTS:
No reports given
- OLD BUSINESS:
There was no old business at this time.
- NEW BUSINESS: No new business
- ADJOURNMENT:There being no additional business for the Board to conduct, the meeting adjourned at 8:20 p.m.
Motion: To adjourn the meeting at 8:20 p.m.
Sweet/Franks Vote: 8/0/0
Please note the next scheduled meeting is to be held on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 7:00pm at the Daybreak Adult Service Center.