WHITTIER COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION, INC.
c/o Vanguard Management Associates, Inc.
P.O. Box 39 • Germantown, Maryland 20875-0039
(301) 540-8600 x 3053
The Board of Directors (Board) for the Whittier Community Association (Association), in consultation with Vanguard Management, the association’s attorney, insurance provider, and other business partners, has been planning for contingencies that may arise in the community as a result of the spread of COVID-19.
Below is a brief summary of adjustments made to the Association’s operations until further notice. These plans have been made in response to CDC recommendations and the Stay Home Order issued by Maryland State Governor Larry Hogan on March 30, 2020. All are subject to change based on CDC guidance, advice from our professional partners, and mandates from the State and Federal governments.
- Amenities. Residents are advised that the Association’s tot lots and other outdoor amenities are closed and should not be used by residents at any time.
- Essential Services. As of 5:00 PM on Monday, March 23, 2020, Governor Hogan has mandated that all non-essential business close. Essential community services that will continue include grounds maintenance, trash removal, and general community maintenance.
- 2020 Pool Season. At this time, the Board, Management, and Continental Pools are moving forward with preparations for the 2020 pool season which is scheduled to begin on May 23, 2020. The Association will be closely following CDC recommendations, and mandates from the State of Maryland, with regard to pool opening and will provide updates to the Community via the community website as they are available.
- Meetings and Social Events. The Association has cancelled or postponed any community events and nonessential meetings until further notice.
- Management. Vanguard Management remains steadfast in our commitment to quality customer service. Although our physical offices are closed, we have implemented a business plan to allow us to minimize disruptions to normal operations and minimize the impact on the residents of Whittier Community Association. Your Community Management team will continue to be available, during normal business hours, by phone or email. At this time, we are not able to conduct our regularly scheduled inspections of the common elements, so please forward any concerns related to the Association’s common areas to Management via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social distancing. The Association urges all homeowners to monitor the social distancing recommendations and mandates imposed by local, state and Federal authorities. The latest COVID-19 response information for the State of Maryland can be found by visiting https://governor.maryland.gov/coronavirus/.
- Reasonable Accommodations. The Association is prepared, as appropriate, to reasonably accommodate owners who may be impacted by the current climate by postponing violation hearings, extending deadlines on Architectural Applications, or granting payment extensions, if appropriate. If you have been adversely impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak and feel that you may need a reasonable accommodation, please email your request to email@example.com.
The Association has not made any of the decisions mentioned above lightly. These actions are being taken to promote the health and welfare of the residents of this community. Our continuing goal is to keep residents informed of all relevant developments and how they affect Association operations.
It is also incumbent upon residents to take this situation seriously and do their part to minimize the spread of the virus. The Association highly encourages all residents to review CDC guidelines and stay informed on updates from the CDC, state and local governments, and the World Health Organization.
For the Board of Directors,
WHITTIER COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
Nancy Keen, CMCA® AMS®